Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Manager of Supply Chain will provide support to optimization initiatives within the retail/rental supply chain, including new software implementation, data definition, and operational efficiency. This position works closely with several areas of the organization, such as warehouse operations, merchandising, store operations and IT. The Manager of Supply Chain will be a strategic leader that will supervise and oversee initiatives that will drive efficiency, visibility and optimization within the supply chain network at Vail Resorts. This position will collaborate with key stakeholders to improve supply chain innovation and distribution center optimization.
Areas of focus include innovation initiatives in distribution center operations, system enhancements/implementations, and discovering data capabilities in Vail Resorts. Determine short-term and long-term strategies that will support our strategic priorities as a department and a division within Vail Resorts.
- Lead, direct, and create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed throughout the Supply Chain by collaborating with Store Operations, Merchants, and IT.
- Drives innovation by maximizing capabilities of current warehouse management systems in addition to seeking out new advancements in technology and process.
- Develop and deliver effective reporting and analytic capabilities.
- Capable of producing and presenting business case materials to different levels of the organization to gain understanding and alignment to close operational gaps.
- Strong work ethic and capabilities as a leader/participant for assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Identify and resolve process and system roadblocks to improve productivity and throughput.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand warehouse efficiencies and optimize processes.
- Responsible for optimization initiatives in the Supply Chain including identification and implementation of new systems and processes.
- Has industry knowledge and best practices in Supply Chain / Distribution operations.
- Demonstrates solid analytical & financial skills.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5 years of experience in overseeing supply chain process improvement and project management.
- Strong understanding of supply chain metrics and KPIs to include retail operations, distribution, logistics, and inventory control.
- Experience in WMS enhancements and/or WMS implementation including EDI systems.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours, including evenings and/or weekends and overnight travel as needed.
- A successful candidate for this role will be comfortable doing the day-to-day work, managing, and improving partnerships, and improving processes. Proactive communication, a sense of urgency, and the ability to self-prioritize are paramount to this role as you will often have to pivot quickly as new opportunities arise.
- Highly organized, can take ambiguous situations and make sense out of them for others.
- Deep analytical skills, strong out-of-the-box thinking, and a curious mind.
- Experience in BI reporting tools, analytical/modeling tools, and practices.
Critical Leadership Competencies:
- Flexibility and understanding of the changing nature of supply chain market dynamics relating to the resort retail industry
- Drive where the business needs. Work independently with your team and show forward progress by leveraging key stakeholders
- Re-imagine old processes and drive efficiency outside systems
- Experience working with AS400based inventory system is a plus but not required
- Experience with the following: MMS, Blue Yonder, SPS Commerce
- Information Technology and Automation Knowledge
The budgeted range starts at $60,000 - $73,450 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Epic Mountain Gear is the premier ski shop in the Denver Metro Area. We specialize in outfitting our guests in the best, highest rated and most specialized items to fit their needs. We stand behind our guarantee because we know our associates are passionate about what they do – providing excellent customer service. You can also take advantage of being part of the Vail Resorts family with employee perks, such as a free ski pass to our world-class resorts, discounted lodging, and more. We sell the top brands, carry the most gear and have the most fun. Come join our team and become an expert in the outdoor retail industry. Learn more here. www.vailresortscareers.com.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294167