Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Summary of Job:
We are looking for an Advanced Supervisor that is comfortable working with high-end, luxury, outdoor industry brands and capable of providing world class service by executing a sales process that improves guest experience and increases retail sales. We specialize in outfitting our guests in the best, highest rated and most specialized items to fit their needs.
Come join our team and become an expert in the outdoor retail industry.
Learn more here. www.vailresortscareers.com
Basic job duties will include; assisting Assistant Store Managers and Store Manager in the day-to-day routine work of running a retail/rental ski shop. In addition, the position requires Advanced Supervisor to be a store key holder, assist management in managing staff of about 10-12 employees, manage daily sales, rentals, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience.
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Fulfill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- Drive sales through direct communication with store employees to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance
- Model customer service for employees and promote sales whenever interacting with guests
- Walk the floor regularly to manage the floor for daily MOD responsibilities
- Motivate employees to increase sales, units per transaction, and transaction size in day to day sales
- Communicate with Store Manager to ensure smooth business operations
- Ensure that all safety standards are being observed at all times
- Demonstrate and enforce company values and ethics
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervisory experience in the retail industry
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Previous snow sport industry experience - preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends required
The budgeted range starts at $20 - $24. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 465271