Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Housed in a former stagecoach stop built in the late 1800’s, (one of Keystone’s oldest buildings) the Ski Tip Lodge boasts a AAA Four-Diamond rating and has been ranked amongst the Top 100 Restaurants in the U.S. (OpenTable) for the past Five Years. This quaint 10-room Bed and Breakfast was once home to Max and Edna Dercum, the founders of Keystone. It now boasts one of the best dining experiences in all of Summit County, featuring a weekly rotating four course menu backed by an impressive wine list of over 650 bottles hand curated by our full time sommeliers.
The Ski Tip Lodge is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our award-winning culinary team. We work hard, we play hard. Our mission is to create the experience of a lifetime for our restaurant and lodge guests. If you have a passion for food, uncompromising service, and want to work with some of the top talent in Summit County then apply today!
- Ability to work all stations in kitchen as required
- Preps and works quickly and cleanly and is responsible for an assigned station in kitchen.
- Assist culinary team in achieving labor and food production goals
- Help assure safe and clean work condition for all staff.
- Follows directions/specifications of the chef and supervisors.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff.
- Help the chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen
- Will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls using proper techniques.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a passion for food and a desire to delivery an experience of a lifetime.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Minimum 1 year of quality cook experience
- Broad knowledge of all culinary styles and cooking techniques
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
- Work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
The budgeted range starts at 14.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301651