Live, Work, & Explore with amazing people. Memories made will last a lifetime. HOUSING PROVIDED!
Why join our adventurous and fun work family?
Are you enthusiastic about adventure, exploring, and a change of pace? Turn a hiking train into an amazing career path! . . and with us!
Why Xanterra? Our family of passionate people is seeking someone who is just as passionate as us. As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. Just ask!
Oh yes, and about the job....
Do you enjoy caring for the comfort of guests while creating memories that last a lifetime? We operate and maintain 522 guest rooms, 11 guest cabins and 20 bunks in dorms. As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Our Housekeeping Manager will manage housekeeping functions of lodging unit(s) to established company standards. Handle administrative functions related to guest service, personnel, building maintenance, inventory, and safety.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Manage housekeeping functions of lodging unit to company standards.
- Lead and manage housekeeping staff towards achieving the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel and its guest rooms.
- Manage employee performance of housekeepers, inspectors and leads through effective training, coaching, annual reviews and corrective documentation when needed.
- Report and follow-up on maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Write employee schedules, maintaining labor costs within budgeted amount.
- Management of material and supply budget, direct labor budget and productivity.
- Ensure security of Company and Guest property including all keys.
- Be a role model for all safety, risk management and environmental policies on a daily basis, enforcing policies with staff as needed.
- Maintain effective lines of communication regarding issues and other department activity to the department office staff or other department managers
- Handle administrative duties such payroll timekeeping, personnel forms, comment cards, etc.
- Coordinate scheduled inventories for linens; maintain appropriate levels for amenities and other housekeeping supplies.
- Maintain rooms to standards for National Park Service Concessions evaluations at all times.
- Communicate effectively with Unit Housekeeper, Rooms Office staff, Front Desk, maintenance, Porter staff, Laundry staff and other departments and guests.
- Maintain a courteous and helpful behavior towards guests and fellow employees. Exercise tact and discretion at all times while on duty.
- Assist or work at other Housekeeping units on the property when needed.
- Perform opening duties for Rooms Department/Housekeeping as assigned.
- Ability to communicate with a 2-way device with ear piece at all times while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years working knowledge of housekeeping operations and procedures.
- Two years’ experience in training entry level employees.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, supervise and maintain high morale among staff. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively listen to, understand and respond to concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Effective analytical and decision making skills.
- Basic knowledge of Windows-based computer programs such as Outlook and Word. Kronos knowledge desirable.
- Possess physical ability to perform all housekeeping positions.
- Able to meet all physical requirements of the job, which include repetitive motion of all extremities and the back including continual kneeling, bending, twisting, lifting, pushing and long periods of standing/walking.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work & high energy while take more than 15,000-20,000 steps per work day at an elevation of 7,000 ft.
What's in it for you?
- Lodging Discount50% off Best Available Rate
- 30-40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20-30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20-60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Sam’s Club Membership Discount
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center- Fitness Equipment, Computers, and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Summer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.