Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summit House is the flagship F&B destination for Keystone Resort, leading a crew of up to 100 staff members during peak season, we’re looking for a dynamic leader to step up and navigate the team through this season and beyond.
The General Manager position requires a hard-working, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual to oversee the daily activities and processes of the restaurant. This is a fast-paced environment that requires exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as someone who is able to maintain composure in stressful situations. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for all activities including food inventory, sales goals, customer service, food quality checks, professionalism, employee conduct, financial activities, building maintenance, and marketing. You will also be responsible for building guest relationships with the Resort and ensuring the success of the business by providing high-quality food that draws in new customers and retains current customers. The successful candidate will be required to oversee and coach all employees regarding conduct, professionalism, job requirements, and scheduling.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Training and supervision of all staff including the leadership team.
- Sets the example for all other staff for service standards, menu knowledge, wine and beverage education, and overall service excellence.
- Works on the floor in the restaurant, exceeding guest satisfaction as well as completing management reports pertaining to revenue accounting, tip disbursements and recording, scheduling, ordering products and equipment, payroll, inventory and keeping daily manager logs.?
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Read and understand COVID-19 Pandemic Response – Mountain Lodges and F&B Locations Procedures.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Make employment and termination?recommendations consistent with Company guidelines for review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop?staff in all areas of?restaurant and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Responsible for all forms of cash handling throughout restaurant including register drawers, safe, deposits, and change orders.
- Minimum 5 years of restaurant experience with at least one year at a managerial level.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be aware of safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays including; Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 4th, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested.
- ServSafe Certification (or ability to obtain).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience leading in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 258768