Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Type: Executive, Year Round
Job Classifcation: Full time
Location: Broomfield, CO
Lead the asset management strategy across the Mountain Division, including oversight of the physical assets (Lifts, Snowmaking, Fleets etc.), creation of multi-year capital plans for large operating assets, providing enterprise oversight to maintenance functions and development of best practices, implementation of an Enterprise Asset Management program (EAM) and ongoing execution and expansion of the program to drive value for Vail Resorts. This individual will be responsible for impactful change leadership and for driving:
- Reliability of assets for safety and guest satisfaction;
- Savings in capital and operating expense through optimizing asset life, reduced cost of major maintenance, reduced inventory levels and centralized inventory management of large components;
- Procurement efficiencies and savings; and
- Labor efficiencies through proactive planned maintenance and administrative efficiencies.
- Drive, align and execute innovation and development of new practices that will allow Vail Resorts to lead the industry in how we maintain our infrastructure.
- Develop and implement asset management policies, procedures, processes and best practices for mountain division maintenance functions, including owning change management.
- Serve as project lead and business owner for the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) implementation and program oversight, including development of a plan and structure for the ongoing support and administration of EAM program.
- Assist in the development, preparation and management of annual capital and operating budgets including oversight of on time and on project execution.
- Develop, identify and maintain key supplier relationships.
- Support new acquisitions for lift, fleet and snowmaking infrastructure.
- Develop and utilize key performance indicators to monitor and report departmental or functional performance and drive accountability, including assessing performance against benchmarks.
- Partner with procurement and finance on opportunities for savings utilizing data insights from multiple systems.
- Strategize with procurement on due diligence, negotiating and bidding for new assets.
- Partner with IT to ensure technology is optimized and configured to achieve business objectives.
- This role reports directly to the President of the Mountain Division and will have at least two direct reports and many internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Maintenance and Project Management
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Six sigma certification
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Project management programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Depth of Project Management experience (leading large capital projects)
- Experience with management of capital assets
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with ski and snowboard products
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 190375