Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you enjoy the “great outdoors”? Would you like to spend the summer minutes away from some of the country’s best hiking, climbing, fishing & sightseeing while receiving a paycheck? If this sounds good to you then come and have the “Experience of a Lifetime” working in the majestic Grand Teton National Park, located between Yellowstone National Park & historic Jackson, Wyoming.
The Plumber is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all new and existing plumbing apparatuses and equipment components located at our various facilities (e.g. water, sewer, fixtures, piping, valves, etc.) The Plumber performs the equipment manufacturers suggested maintenance programs on a fixed schedule.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the repair of all phases of plumbing-related problems including sewer stoppages’, inspection of grease traps, fire hydrant repair, and new installations.
- The journeyman craftsmen will be assigned limited standby duties after hours and weekends, which require carrying a paging beeper or two-way radio. This duty is rotated equally among the department staff.
- Attend training and observe all applicable OSHA and other regulatory compliance programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required by human resources and the EH&S office. Programs include, but are not limited to: permit-required confined spaces; respiratory protection; blood-borne pathogens; personal protective equipment (PPE); hearing conservation; lockout-tagout; spill prevention, control, and countermeasure plan; drivers safety; and, general proper operation of machinery and equipment..
- Every Maintenance Department staff member will be assigned other technical work within the department when maintenance crisis occur within the company or work in their particular technical field is temporarily or permanently reduced. This job summary is intended as a guide, it is not an all inclusive job description.
- Perform both general & detailed equipment repairs & maintenance
- May be required to work different shift schedules including night shift (if needed maintenance can’t be done during normal hours)
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Provide own hand tools
- A valid US driver's license & Successful completion of MVR
- Prior mechanical/electrical experience or equivalent (residential, commercial, industrial)
- Capable of handling moderately strenuous activity (such as occasionally moving heavy equipment
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills/experience, but is not required:
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Boiler operation
- Commercial laundry maintenance
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 267287