We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Skill Level: Non-certified
- Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
About Beaver Creek Resort
Beaver Creek Resort is the number one luxury family resort in the world, providing legendary attention to detail, rarefied experiences and warmly welcoming guests as the perpetual hosts. A resort built on traditions, Beaver Creek offers an opportunity to explore terrain of all abilities, from a World Cup racecourse to dedicated beginner terrain, as well as intimate alpine villages, breathtaking mountain splendor, and of course, cookie time! Beaver Creek’s renowned Ski and Snowboard School is the ultimate place to learn and sharpen skills on the mountain, whether igniting a child’s passion for the mountain or unlocking incredible steeps and trees – our instructors know how to accelerate you to the next level.
As an instructor at Beaver Creek your job is quite possibly the greatest job on the planet. The mountain is your office and our eager guests are your clients. You are on the snow more days in a year than even the most passionate snowsports enthusiasts could ever hope for. You and your fellow instructors are part of an elite group that inspires the awe and respect of every instruction program in the country. This admiration does not come by merely wearing our uniform or riding on the best equipment – it comes from taking responsibility for professionalism and adhering to the highest standards of ski and snowboard instruction. It’s about doing your best to bring out the best in your clients, your coworkers and yourself.
What You Do:
- Teach skiing and/or snowboarding to children and adults of all ability levels
- Create a guests experience base on individual’s goals and abilities
- Maintain a safe environment for yourself, your coworkers, and guests
- Continue your professional growth to develop your teaching and guest service skills
- Be a team player! Work professionally and proactively with all departments across the company to provide an experience of a lifetime for guests and employees alike
- Are someone who wants to make your passion your career
- Enjoy enrolling others in your passions
- Are always aware of the safety of yourself and others
- Enjoy being part of helping others achieve their goals
- Don’t quite have all the above nailed and are still passionate about being an instructor?
- Tell us what you are great at, what you’d love to be better at and let’s talk!
- Is able to Ski and/or Snowboard at intermediate level
- If you are not at this standard, other instructor positions may be available to you
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel and lift 50 lbs
- Must be available to work Holidays and Weekends
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be able to ski/ride, demonstrate maneuvers to students throughout the duration of a lesson for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to perform other duties with other departments as needs arise
- Free Ski Pass for self and potential eligibility for dependent passes
- Discounted lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski and snowboard lessons
- Access to world class training
- Reimbursement for applicable Certification
- Discounted dinning and lodging
- Discounted retail and access to ProDeals
- Potential for eligibility for medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) retirement plan
- Potential for eligibility for Sick Pay
Wage: $20.00 + incentives, wage increases based on PSIA/AASI certification (or equivalent)
The budgeted range starts at $20.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 442267