Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski and Ride School Amplitude Plus (A+) Certified Instructor is responsible for coaching the Amplitude Plus (A+) which is an intermediate/advanced all-mountain (bumps, glades, steeps, powder, Terrain Park) seasonal program that fosters camaraderie between the athletes and coaches alike. The program runs on weekends and holidays from mid-December through the end of March.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a caring, sensitive, mentoring attitude toward our guests.
- Ability to ski or snowboard and stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge and awareness of the environment. Must make sound teaching decisions based on temperature, weather & terrain conditions and athlete fatigue levels.
- Should be flexible in response to changing class assignments.
- Must maintain strong personal appearance standards.
- Supervise athletes during lunchtime hours.
- Able to attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
- Attend clinics as required.
- Must be knowledgeable of the ski area for the public.
- Adhere to strict corporate policy regarding wearing a snow sports specific helmet while skiing/riding or teaching/coaching in uniform.
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department for yourself and others; contribute to our culture of Health and Safety to meet Zero Workman’s Comp safety goal.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisors.
- Must be an advanced, all mountain skier/rider required
- PSIA/AASI Freestyle Specialist 1 preferred
- Must possess park and freeride competency in whatever snow sport they wish to coach (skiing or snowboarding)
- Previous experience in teaching/coaching/mentoring children preferred
- Successfully pass background check required
Time Commitment: Selected candidates must be available both weekend days throughout the season and flexible through the holiday break periods (December 26-January 1, February 15-22).
Training: Successful completion of New Hire training (two days plus one day of shadowing) is a prerequisite for hiring.
Compensation: Instructors are paid for the hours that they actually teach or perform specific tasks requested by a supervisor. Pay rates are determined by your experience in teaching skiing and/or snowboarding.
- All employees at Mount Sunapee receive a Vail Resorts EPIC Pass for their personal use and $40 EPIC PASSes for qualified dependents.
- Discount lift tickets for family & friends.
- Complimentary ski or snowboard lessons.
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development.
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 202429