Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Level II Lift Mechanic is responsible for assisting and working closely with Lead Mechanics and other maintenance staff in performing maintenance duties. Duties include cleaning, assisting in repairs, preventative maintenance, operating lift equipment, grip maintenance and overhauls, line work, working at heights and proper record keeping. Duties are performed in all types of environments both indoors and outdoors. Additional responsibilities include assuring that the Maintenance Manager, Supervisor, Lead, maintenance personnel and lift dispatch is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, observations or system malfunctions. Assist in training level 1 Mechanics and Lift Operators. All employees are responsible for following the company's safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently
- Strong communication and team skills
- Ability to work at heights up to 100 feet
- Must be able to or able to learn to drive ATV’s and snowmobiles
- Electrical, hydraulic, Mechanical experience
- Ability to work in extreme outdoor weather environments
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a mechanical field
- Previous grip rebuilding
- Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematic
- Visual acuity necessary to inspect small defects and small parts, using measurement device, and assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eye
- Basic knowledge of computer systems required (at least 1 year of experience)
- Ability to lift up to or more than 100 lbs regularly
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 4 hours without sitting
- Ability to use hands and fingers to feel and reach
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, crawl, and crouch
- Able to work holidays, weekends, and evenings as necessary
- Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level – preferred
- NDT experience - preferred
- Vermont Tramway Maintenance Technician Level 2 and/or Level 3 - preferred
- Working knowledge of Doppelmayr and POMA chairlifts – preferred
- Working knowledge of Detachable Lifts - preferred
This is a year-round position with an immediate start date. We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. Great recreational benefits and resort discounts!
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 304608