Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
The Sr. Manager, Lodging Operations (Director of Operations) at the Vail Marriott assists the General Manager with the strategic, financial, and operational management of the hotel, particulary as it relates to oversight of the operational departments within Rooms Division. Direct responsibilities will include the day to day successful execution of the Rooms Division with some limited responsibilities of the F&B Outlet Operations. This position is also to serve as Manager on Duty and carry obligation to ensure success within all lines of business within the hotel. Expectation of position is to consistently be Out Front of operations through structured, systematic and innovative approach.
- Coordinate the day to day operations (Front Desk, Reservations, Concierge, Bell, Valet, Night Audit, Housekeeping) to maximize profitability while ensuring the utmost in employee and guest service and satisfaction.
- Provide daily oversight and support to operational managers and employees. This includes, but is not limited to scheduling, payroll, coaching and counseling, and involvement in hiring and termination procedures.
- Analyze systems and operational procedures. Evaluate and implement new systems as required.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of rooms inventory, rate and plan availability, loyalty program and revenue management strategies. Ensurance of daily tasks and reporting as they relate.
- Plan, coach and execute on guest service at a luxury hotel level.
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting periodic inspections, investigating complaints and initiating corrective actions.
- Accountable for the consistent implementation and use of systems, checklists, standard operating procedures and all appropriate tools.
- Effectively deal with internal & external guests, collect factual information and resolve major conflicts.
- Develops monthly action plans to proactively correct departmental deficiencies.
- Ability to detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper and prompt action.
- Provides constant self development as the functional expert on all operations systems, travel programs, external service providers and all things Brand related.
- Ensures implementation of luxury level marketing programs by consistent monitoring of in-room and publicly displayed material.
- Maintains active relationships for external stakeholders and sister properties to ensure alignment in operations, best practices and expectations.
- Maintains a purchasing system which covers all areas and conforms to company guidelines. Consistent analysis of all purchased goods and services to ensure cutting edge products and cost effectiveness. Capital ideation, planning, requesting and implementation manager.
- Review all schedules, purchase requests, purchase orders, and coordinates efforts to follow budget and staffing requirements.
- Conduct regular monthly meetings with department teams to address current feedback, initiatives, projects, action planning and long term goals.
- Provide hands-on support during peak business times.
- Ensure all Marriott and Vail Resorts policies and procedures are followed.
- Will act as General Manager in the General Manager's absence.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree, preferred emphasis in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Minimum of 7 years in the luxury resort industry
- Minimum of 4 years management experience in multiple Rooms' department operations in a property of similar size and quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a property management software required. MARSHA, PMS, One Yield, Transcendent, Medallia, preferred.
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and employees throughout the organization. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Vail Resorts and/or Marriott experience preferred, Homeowner Association Management experience.
- High level of emotional intelligence and learning agility along with strong self awareness.
One Job – Double the Benefits. Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott’s nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 223427