Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Skill Level: Non-Certified
- Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
- Housing: Accepting applications
Enjoy the “Greatest Snow on Earth”: Our instructors create fun and safe learning experiences for guests of all ages, playing an integral role in creating Experiences of a Lifetime for visitors to the largest resort in the United States. As a new instructor, you will have the opportunity to train and work with professional instructors from all over the world who share your excitement and enthusiasm for snowboarding
Full Time and Part Time positions available for Snowboard Instructors with no certification or snowboard teaching experience necessary
What you’ll be doing:
- Striving to exceed our Guest’s expectations; creating memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience.
- Delivering beginner to intermediate snowboard instruction in group and private settings in a safe and positive environment
- Be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional needs of all guests in your care.
- Supervise guests on the mountain in a variety of activities including lessons, lunch and special events.
- When teaching children: provide written and verbal communication on each child's day to their parents at the completion of each lesson; complete progress reports as required
- Perform morning set up, check-in and afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
- Follow the guidelines and safety policies as outlined in the Resource & Guide and Park City Addendum.
- Be familiar with all Ski & Snowboard School programs and lesson times to be a source of information for our guests.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions.?
- Must have intermediate snowboarding abilities to be able to safely demonstrate controlled riding at appropriate skill level for lesson level
- Must have own snowboard equipment
- Good organizational skills and the ability to create a whole lot of fun!!!
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring a plus
- Must be at least 18 years old and successfully complete the background check
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergencies and other unplanned situations
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time.? Must be able to bend and squat.? Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
Required Training and Hours of Work
- Applicants must successfully complete the paid New Instructor Training Camp where you will be trained to our preferred teaching method with a focus on the beginner progression, school policies and procedures. You will be evaluated on their ability to provide quality snowboard instruction to beginners in both group and individual settings in a safe and fun manner. Tentative new instructor training dates for the 22/23 Winter Season are:
- November 28, 29, 30, December 1,2 (Monday through Friday)
- December 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (Monday through Friday)
- December 10, 11, 17 and 18 (Weekends)
- Instructors must meet one of our schedule options. Snowboard Lesson demand varies throughout the season; instructors will be scheduled to anticipated staffing needs and can vary from as early as 8:00 am and end as late as 4:30 pm.
- Full Time Instructors will be scheduled an average 4 to 5 days per week: during peak periods there may be additional days and at off-peak, the work week may be less than 5 days. In order to support you working full time when Snowboard Lesson demand is low, Snowboard instructors who also Ski can cross train to teach Beginner Ski Lessons, or may be assigned work in Ski & Snowboard School Rentals/Support, assisting with as check-in, kids lunch service, and lesson participant equipment rentals, in order to support the Ski & Snowboard School business. There may also be opportunities to pick up shifts in other departments. This is a seasonal role: there is flexibility in setting your initial schedule, however, the ability to accommodate schedule changes and multi-day vacation requests in the course of the season is limited and may not be possible.
- Part Time Schedules: choice of 18 or 32 days; you will select your days from the busiest days of the season, which includes most weekends, holidays and midweeks only during holiday periods (Winter Break, Presidents Week and March Spring Break).
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443392