Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Intermediate Cook is responsible for performing a variety of skilled tasks in food preparation, cooking and presentation, and additionally oversee food preparation and service for a meal shift and/or banquets within a large restaurant operation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understands the proper terms for kitchen equipment/pans and small wares used in the kitchen
- Understands and operates basic cooking equipment such as fryers, pizza oven and kettles
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes one shift per week
- Heat or Reheat items for service in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, utensils, sneeze guards and guest facing areas of their station in accordance with health and safety standards
- Proactively greet guests and take food orders
- Continually demonstrate a high level of guest service excellence
- Responsible for breaking down workstation, cooling food where necessary in accordance with cooling guidelines and storing in accordance with proper storage and labelling guidelines
- Typically requires supervision from a more senior culinary team member
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Functions as experienced cook with the ability to manage a station or multiple stations maintaining expectations for speed and service
- Capable of teaching others to use all kitchen equipment, processes and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills
- Able to explain ingredients in the menu and preparation techniques
- Able to read, interpret, demonstrate culinary fundamentals with sound knowledge of food handling procedures and food ingredients
- Understands and can demonstrate proficiency operating more advanced cooking equipment such as grills, steamers, robot coupe, immersion mixers and slicers
- Responsible for basic food preparation tasks, such as cutting up meat and fish, basic knife handling skills, peeling, slicing, chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients
- Prepares necessary ingredients to replenish station according to established par levels
- Ability to follow basic recipe to produce high quality product
- Ensures food is prepared and presented a high level of quality, visual appeal and consistency
- Willingness to support and guide entry cooks in performing their responsibilities
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- A minimum of two years of professional cooking experience
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in quantity food handling, preparation and cooking.
- Strong understanding of restaurant kitchen operations.
- Knowledge of inventory control, ordering, menu planning, and quality control methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 280827