Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Certified Ski or Snowboard Instructor: Winter 2019-2020 (Seasonal - Kirkwood, CA)
Challenge yourself: take your skill set to new heights by joining the team at the Kirkwood Ski and Ride School! Here, you will coach individuals and groups to expand on their current ability level in perfectly-pitched learning areas and, later, onto some of the most challenging terrain Tahoe has to offer!
Job Summary: Share your passion! The Certified Instructor will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals, adults and children. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our instructors will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure students get the most out of their day, their week or their seasons with us.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in the high altitude under varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment to and from snow when needed.
- Clearly communicating instructions for guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Supervising children in class at all times, including assisting at lunch and snack times and ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Teaching skiing at all levels of difficulty based upon ability and experience.
- Understanding and abiding by the rules and procedures set forth in the Resource and Guidelines Manual.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate assigned levels of skiing and snowboarding models.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assisting with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 18 years of age
- High School or equivalent education
- Ability to attend all required Ski and Ride training sessions
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification (international equivalent ok)
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and browser applications, including basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must successfully pass a Background Check
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow, and provide directions
- Must be willing to teach both adults and children
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved snowsports helmet at all times while teaching
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children
- Second language - Spanish preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Carpool Incentive program
- Professional development training on your personal skiing / riding as well as certification preparation
- Discounts with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Certification reimbursement program
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176979