Aspen Snowmass has a reputation as a foodie destination and our on-mountain restaurants live up to the hype. Not only do we serve up delicious food and drinks but we also manage to bring the fun. Dining with us isn’t just a meal — it’s an experience.
We are looking for Cook 1s at Cloud 9, Merry Go Round, Cliffhouse, and Bumps. Apply to this position to be considered at any of these restaurants.
Learn more about our Culinary jobs at aspensnowmass.com/jobs/culinary
The Cook 1 participates and supervises in the preparation, production & service of menu items according to the direction of the Restaurant Chef & Sous Chef.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the safe handling of food product according to applicable health codes and laws
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment, participate in pre and post shift cleaning and organization to include but not limited to: kitchen equipment, walk in fridge/freezer storage, dry storage, trash, recycle, mopping, sweeping
• Prepare & serve food items according to chef specifications
• Follow daily preparation list to ensure items are ready for service
• Assist with storage of food deliveries
• Report any problems with food product, kitchen equipment or work area to a Chef/Sous chef
• Able to work any food station within the restaurant with a high degree of competency and consistency
• Interacting with guests during service, if working in a servery restaurant; to engage and correct issues as they arise.
• Ensure Manager is aware of guest comments and concerns
• Show advanced knowledge of a variety of cooking techniques to include baking, broiling, grilling, sauté, roasting, blanching
• Safely use a knife & be able to demonstrate consistency with knife cuts with the ability to instruct others on the safe and skillful use of a knife
• Safely operate and be able to train others on the operation of various kitchen equipment to include oven, grill, flattop, soup kettles, slicers, robo-coupe, immersion blender
• Assist with training new employees as requested by Restaurant Chef and Sous Chef.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Displays passion and optimism.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Culinary School graduate preferred
• 2 years of progressive experience in a professional kitchen
• Prior guest service experience preferred for server kitchens
• Ability to follow oral or written directions in basic English required
• ServSafe or similar food safety course certification is preferred
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.