Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The part-time banquet servers are responsible for serving members and guests in the North Grille at Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club. This includes providing a warm, friendly conversation along with knowledgeable descriptions of all food and beverage items. Banquet servers must be comfortable with wine service, fine dining service techniques and experience mixing cocktails.
The North Grille at Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club is an intimate restaurant where servers may also take on the role of hosting and bartending. Servers are required to adhere to all brand standards in serving guests and always ensure the guest’s satisfaction. This position is part-time, June through September. No housing provided.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Friendly and Accurate Service. Greet guests with a SMILE. Adhere to steps of service at all times, and strive for the best tailored guest experience. Serves and removes food according to service procedures.
- Timeliness. Promptness to work and time effective interactions with guests. All banquet areas are set 20 minutes before event start time.
- Attention to detail. Set tables and banquet stations according to specifications, table maintenance during meal. Thoroughly completes necessary banquet space break down and clean up.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization. Work clean and in an organized manner, even when busy. Keep all guest areas and BOH area clean.
- Positive Attitude. Maintain professionalism and graciousness, even under high stress.
- Be Hands On. Practice full hands in, full hands out. See banquet space as an entire section, not just your tables, help your fellow team mates.
- Respect. Treat all coworkers and JHGTC staff from every department with respect, and maintain positive working relationships.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the F&B department: banquet request specifics, event details, chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous casual fine dining serving experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A knack for remembering "the little things" and going the extra mile to provide an exceptional guest experience
- Able to work long hours and varied shifts
- TIPS certified
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- Point of Sale experience
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 325089