At Okemo, we’ve got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Okemo Mountain Operations Team is looking for a Terrain Park Manager to continue to improve our parks, bring new insights and have a safe environment for all to have fun and enjoy. The Terrain Park Manager will be responsible for design and construction and daily maintenance of our progression parks and half pipe. Changing features out throughout season, keeping the parks fresh. Handling schedules for 9-12 park rangers. Work with the Director of Mountain Operations for snowmaking and grooming needs. Work closely with Ski patrol and Health and Safety daily. Summer months, assist mountain operations team in multiple tasks, Summer Ops, Bike Park, Capital Projects, feature/ park maintenance.
- Crafting a safe atmosphere, following all safety protocols outlined.
- Coordinate the operation of the Terrain Parks and Halfpipes
- Responsible for hiring, training and firing of staff for the Terrain Parks and Halfpipes
- Implement the design and maintain the quality of the elements in the parks and Halfpipes
- Responsible for maintaining a daily inspection log for all elements of the Terrain Parks and Halfpipes
- Work closely with Patrol, Grooming and the Director of Mountain Operations to meet objectives
- Work in collaboration with other departments to meet company objectives
- Responsible for the uniform appearance of staff
- Responsible for motivating staff to work to the best of their ability in a team environment
- Coordinate special events held in the park and be responsible for fencing, banner placement, judges stand set up
- Mandatory use of a helmet while performing the job function
- Coordinate Performance reviews midseason
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- 3-4 seasons’ grooming experience
- 5 years previous experience in terrain parks
- Ability to operate equipment, i.e. groomers, as well as ATV and snowmobile
- Sophisticated ability to ski or snowboard
- Possess strong communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Ability to delegate tasks to assistants
- Ability to make decisions and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to lift 75 pounds (heavy lifting)
- Requires repetitive actions, such as bending, lifting, walking on all types of terrain including slopes
- Ability to ski or snowboard in all weather conditions at a sophisticated level
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 318428