The latest addition to the Vail Resorts family is the largest and most visited ski resort in the Southern Hemisphere. Perisher’s staffs are as varied as its guests, who range from seasoned skiers and boarders to families looking for snow play adventures and their very first snow experience. Perisher is renowned for providing excellent customer service and for a staff that delivers it with a smile as much as it is for a diverse range of terrain across the four unique resort areas. If you’re looking for an unparalleled and challenging experience, then Perisher is the team to join. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Starting Wage: $15.50 per hour
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full & Part Time
- Skill Level: Entry
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Answering phone, providing information on rides and scheduling rides.
- Greeting guests, checking them in and ensuring accurate completion of release forms; takes payment.
- Provide pre-ride instructions to guests regarding how to ride safely and general horsemanship.
- Assisting guests on and off horses, adjusting tack properly, fitting helmets and providing aid regarding horseback skills.
- Leading horseback rides for guests in a positive and safe manner.
- Horse handling, round up, grooming, saddling, feeding and watering.
- Barn management including manure removal and stall cleaning.
- Proper maintenance of gear, tack and other equipment.
- Trail, fence and corral maintenance.
- Participate in other equine activities as developed including wagon rides, campfire rides, pony rides, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures to maintain safety of guests, staff and horses.
- Provide assistance to other resort departments as needed.
- Performs duties of those supervised as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum age - 18
- Experience with horses required.
- Ability to ride a horse for 6-8 a day; the majority of the working day will be spent on your feet.
- Ability to lift and transport weights from 10-70 lbs without issue.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 440577