Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the overall quality of food and serve at a food court restaurant. This role assists with the management of kitchen environment in an on-mountain dining outlet. The Sous Chef ensures staff and food quality provides guests with a pleasant dining experience on a daily basis. This role also assists the Chef with payroll, inventory, worker's comp claims, etc.
- Assist Chef with menu planning, production and delivery
- Ensure food safety across all operations
- Ensure entire outlet operates under HACCP guidelines and adheres to ServSafe Culinary Guidelines
- Assist Chef with scheduling of staff and performance reviews of staff to budgeted labor. Assist by resolving payroll exceptions, approvals, and labor distribution reports
- Assist Chef with ordering/receiving, cost transfers, variance reports and inventory control of all food, beverages, supplies, etc. purchased for the entire building
- Conduct routine line checks and maintain food quality of all food served and produced
- Develop and train culinary team
- Assist Chef with hiring and retaining all food service personnel
- In-depth knowledge of classical and contemporary culinary techniques
- Culinary Degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years in high volume restaurant operation
- Minimum 3 years of direct management experience
- Familiarity with purchasing systems, MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Advanced Culinary Skills
Liberty Mountain is known for providing fun experiences to both guests and staff alike. Help our skiers unlock the ultimate adventure and start making your own epic memories when you join our team today. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 299747