Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of providing excellent service that improves exceptional guest experience and increases sales. Basic job duties will include, assisting Store Manager in managing staff of about 10-16 employees, manage daily sales, rentals, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience. Responsibilities will also include accurately and efficiently processing store sales through the use of a cash register.
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain excellent store visual standards by constantly straightening, folding, sizing and restocking merchandise
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily operational budgets, including payroll
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and maintaining a quality core staff
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated and possess the ability to multi task
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1 years of retail/Rental experience required, snow sports retail experience required 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- English fluency ? Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems preferred
The budgeted range starts at $15.00 - $20.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 433187