Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round (11-month)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Heavenly Resort, CA USA
The Reservations Team Manager is responsible for driving the performance of a professional, virtual sales team in the Vail Resorts Reservations Department. Develop a team focused on exceeding individual and team sales goals through dynamic coaching, performance management and employee development. The Team Manager will have daily oversight of a team of sales professionals focused on driving lodging reservations and vacation essential sales (ski school, lift tickets, rentals etc.).
Through passion and leadership, cultivate a culture of excellence in every customer contact. The Reservations Team Manager is an ideal position for a sales-minded professional skilled at motivating others and owning the success of a team. This individual should be enthusiastic about developing employees to build high performing sales professionals. This position will be evaluated and compensated based on team performance.
The Vail Resorts Reservations Department is responsible for driving lodging visitation and vacation essentials sales for Vail Resorts across the United States. Often the first interaction for many of our guests, the Reservations Team aims to provide an easy vacation planning experience with a focus on converting sales and providing world class customer service.
- Own the on-going sales coaching and product training for your team. Provide sales process feedback, conduct tours, supply continued training materials, and continually develop employees’ sales techniques. (Drive)
- Analyze team performance to identify trends or red flags and provide feedback to Operations and Sales Managers. Maintain accountability of employees to performance standards and sales expectations. Diligently performance manage employees who are not meeting expectations. (Drive)
- Create a culture and community that engages virtual employees. (Connect)
- Take an active role in the development of each member of your team. Leverage strengths and identify/address individual’s opportunities for growth in their professional skill set. (Develop)
- Identify opportunities and propose solutions with the goal of maximizing revenue. (Re-Imagine)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of call center operations and sales processes. Attend educational workshops and training courses. Follow key industry and call center trends as well as participate in departmental/company-wide initiatives to drive internal and external customer experiences. (Out Front)
- Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the guest experience, culture, mission and vision of Vail Resorts. (Passion)
- College Degree or relevant work experience
- 2+ years in a call center and/or hospitality environment
- 1+ years of prior supervisory experience of at least five or more employees
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to assist with Tier 1 troubleshooting for applications, hardware, and software to support virtual agents.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken; Spanish a plus
- Flexible schedule, exceptional time management and attention to detail.
- High level of interpersonal communication and a focus on customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in building high-performance teams. Training, coaching and follow through
- Knowledge of Northstar, Kirkwood or Heavenly Resorts
- Property management software experience preferred: Inntopia, Guest Connect
- Lead management software experience preferred: Navis
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 244551