Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Are you an experienced food & beverage professional? Does the idea of working at a semi-private golf club interest you? Are you interested in working and living next door to Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Assistant F&B Banquet Manager is responsible for supporting the banquets food and beverage vision of JHGTC: exceptional guest service, delivering quality food to our guests. This responsibility includes the complete management of the banquets operation excluding the kitchen staff, in cooperation with the F&B Director. Day-to-day management includes but is not limited to; thorough set-up of banquet space (tent, terrace, snack shack), BEO review and editing, beverage ordering for banquets, adherence to banquet timeline, adhering to set-up guidelines on BEO, banquet staff management, verbal communication with banquet clients to ensure successful events, end of day accounting, thorough break down and clean-up of banquet space, interdepartmental communication regarding events.
DISCOUNTED HOUSING IS PROVIDED!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support F&B Management Initiatives. Cooperatively manage all activities and staff of banquets to ensure smooth, successful events. Participate in training and education of staff to promote enhanced guest experiences. Assist with scheduling, supervising, coaching, and providing disciplinary action to all areas of staff responsibility. Assist with implementation of season opening and closing procedures of the event sites. Attend pre function meetings with clients when appropriate.
- Event Set-up. Ensure event space (tent, terrace, etc.) set-up and cleanliness well before schedule. This includes: tables, chairs, dishware, flatware, crystal, stage, podium, dance floor, lighting, linens, outdoor furniture, bistro tables, buffet lines, bar areas, drink stations, display tables, room dividers, and basic decorations.
- Time Management. Banquet Manager should be able to self-schedule according to what needs to be set up prior to events. Ensuring proper time allowance to review necessary BEO items. Communicating to F&B Manager of schedule and planned tasks for the week.
- Event Breakdown and Clean-up. Ensure proper breakdown and clean-up of events after the event, and the days after. This includes: bringing in all outside items into the tent, zipping up the tent, putting away all banquet supplies, washing floor, emptying trash, cleaning grounds. It is imperative to have event sites cleaned and ready to show to prospective clients the day following any event.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the F&B department: chef’s core principles regarding food, menu item ingredients and preparations, cocktail ingredients and preparations, wine and beverage service, hours of operations for all outlets, club event details, location and levels of items needed for service.
- Be hands on. Support service staff, bartender, planners and guests during events. Assist BOH line with food expo to ensure timeliness.
- Display and enforce proper service etiquette to service team: maintain a sense of urgency, give warm greetings/farewells, no table stacking, no back handing, keeping water full, prompt greeting and order taking, efficient movement through event space, food and beverage knowledge, positive and friendly demeanor, anticipation of guests’ needs, compliance to guests’ needs, positive conflict resolution.
- Respect and Professionalism. Treat all coworkers and JHGTC staff from every department with respect, and maintain positive working relationships. Work closely with the Culinary Team primarily the Executive Chef and Banquet Chef. Communicate all changes, menu concerns, buffet set ups, service timing and special requests. When dealing with group client contacts, maintain a positive and professional rapport.
- Ordering and Inventory. Routinely check on levels of service items for banquets. Ensure that all FOH and bar items are ordered in a timely manner for events. Responsible for the total head count, beer, wine and liquor inventory for the function ensuring proper billing of all food, beverage and miscellaneous charges incurred for all banquet events worked.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Previous F&B supervisory experience
- Point of Sale experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- TIPS certification
- Ability to work long hours and varied shifts
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Previous fine dining restaurant experience
- Previous banquet experience
- Knowledgeable in wine service
- Experience training employees
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 277188