With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
MICHAEL MINA'S BOURBON PUB
From the culinary mind of Chef Michael Mina, comes Bourbon Pub. A concept proven in the San Francisco Bay Area and transplanted to the Sierra. Northstar's rendition of Bourbon Pub will offer a casual atmosphere with reinvented pub fare such as Truffle Tater Tots, Al Pastor Pork Ribs, and Fennel Stuffed Salmon. Experience Bourbon Pub in the winter of 2019.
Bourbon Pub Servers at Northstar California exemplify guest service excellence and have a commitment to exceeding guests' expectations. Menu knowledge, wine knowledge, executing service with high service standards, having an interactive rapport with guests, and having a dedicated work ethic while working in a fast-paced and high end environment are skill assets that we seek within our staffs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Servers are responsible for the service and enjoyment of the guests and/or members
- Genuinely welcome and greet guests in a timely manner.
- Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Duties include but are not limited to stocking, polishing silver, glass and dishware; setting, bussing and clearing tables; trash and recycling removal; expediting food; serving food and drinks; waiting tables; bussing; and any other duties assigned
- Must have explicit knowledge of all preparations of menu items.
- Make recommendations to your guests to enhance their dining experience.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Have an intimate knowledge of wines by the glass, cocktails, beer and liquor selections and an understanding of wine knowledge in general.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests' dining experiences. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to aid bussers or server assistants with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to increase menu and wine knowledge, hold peers to this standard, and expand fine dining skillsets to elevate guest service on a daily basis.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude toward guests - required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of previous waiting experience - required.
- Previous fine dining waiting experience - preferred.
- Must have a willingness to assist others throughout the shift and foster a team environment - required.
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment (will provide training) - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Previous fine dining experience - preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume and fast-paced working environment - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
MINA GROUP: https://www.michaelmina.net/
Northstar Village Dining: https://www.northstarcalifornia.com/explore-the-resort/the-village/dining.aspx
Perks & Benefits: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/vail/content/Vail-Perks-and-Benefits/?locale=en_US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 379667