Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Skier Services Product Sales Agent is part of a fun energetic and passionate team that is responsible for delivering outstand guest service while initiating the sale of Lift Tickets, Season Passes, Ski School Lessons and fulfilling pre-purchased sales orders on the front line at Heavenly's sales office locations. This position requires a full knowledge of our products and services and is responsible for collecting guest information. As a Product Sales Agent, you will have a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Heavenly! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations (indoor & outdoor) of the Skier Services Departments such as Ticket Scanning and Greeter/Host duties
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products while capturing guest data
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service, internal & external
- Be part of a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closings; be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Provide the "Experience of a Lifetime" for our Guest and fellow Employees!
- Facilitating lines outside the ticket office, answering guest questions, and helping guests to complete Release of Liability Waivers while in line.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with POS software
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work inside and outside, facilitating lines and crowds
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently
- Intermediate or better computer skills. Must be able to use mouse, keyboard, and learn new software. Should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products
- Fun, outgoing personality traits
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software
- Previous guest service experience
- College Degree
- Cash handling experience
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Free or discounted dependent ski passes
- Free employee ski and snowboard lessons
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations- $5 employee meals
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Training and professional development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 359987