Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Summary: Responsible for checking guests into and out of The Grand Summit Hotel, Silverado Lodge, and Sundial Lodge; and for performing related front desk duties.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Check-in guests at the front desk, confirming and entering appropriate information by asking for an ID and credit card.
- Check guests out, and ensure billing is correct.
- Solicit guest comment cards at every opportunity.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at the end of each shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems - referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members.
- Relay guest maintenance requests through Maintenance Connection and follow up with guest after 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping department and follow up with the guest after 20 minutes.
- Answer the switchboard within 3 rings and transfer calls to appropriate department or person.
- Be knowledgeable about Owners and Owner Services program such as RCI and Space A reservations.
- Maintain knowledge of daily activities in and around the hotel, resort and Park City area.
- Handle emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Be knowledgeable about the Grand Summit, Silverado, Sundial, and DoubleTree hotel amenities and lay-out.
- Assist in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office equipment and supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Front Desk, PBX, and reception area.
- Assist Bell and Valet when appropriate.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front Office Manager, Assistant Front Office Manager, or Front Desk Supervisor.
- High school education.
- At least one year of relevant clerical experience - required.
- Basic typing skills with computer data entry experience - preferred.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills - required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time - required.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people - required.
- Able to deal courteously and efficiently with customers and other company personnel - required.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the company’s lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well as general information about the area - required.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 282867