Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsible for Electrical activities for Ski Area Building Maintenance to include maintenance, repair & installation of new & existing electrical apparatus & equipment components located at our various facilities (e.g. switches, receptacles, fixtures, motors, heaters etc.) while following the current National Electrical Code.
- Ensure the safe and reliable functionality of mechanical/electrical systems at the resort.
- Organize and plan electrical maintenance projects on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Comply with Current National Electrical Codes
- Ability to read electrical schematics, electrical prints, wiring diagrams
- Work on systems up to 600 volts AC/DC.
- Maintain electrical inventory
- Use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed by supervisor.
- Climbing and working from heights
- Assist other maintenance staff with mechanical/electrical needs.
- Work in collaboration with vendors
- Work independently and alongside other team members performing same
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks.
- Support companywide environmental management initiatives by identifying opportunities and supporting established efforts to reduce energy use.
- Act and work in a professional manor
- Attend and participate in assigned training.
- Attend training and observe all applicable OSHA and other regulatory compliance programs and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required. Programs include, but not limited to: permit- required confined spaces; respiratory protection; bloodborne pathogens; personal protective equipment (PPE); hearing conservation; electrical safeguarding; lockout-tagout; spill prevention, control, drivers safety; and, general proper operation of machinery and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school, trade school preferred
- Prior mechanical/electrical experience or equivalent (residential, commercial, industrial)
- Ability to work independently
- Journeyman electrician or better required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong computer skills needed (word and excel)
- Oral and written English
- Capable of handling moderately strenuous activity
- Mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skill required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 248447