Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
The Non-Certified Ski Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all California Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Clearly communicating instructions and helping guests.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Supervising children in lessons at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings/be responsible for morning meeting information and assist with guest introductions.
- Teach skiing/snowboarding at all levels of difficulty based upon ability and experience.
- Understand and abide by the rules and procedures set forth in the Resource and Guidelines Manual.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate assigned levels of Alpine skiing or Snowboarding models.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assist with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 18 years of age
- High School or Equivalent Education
- Ability to attend all required Ski and Ride training sessions
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be willing to teach both adults and children
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved snowsports helmet at all times while teaching.
- Must be willing to teach a family lesson.
- Must possess level 7 or higher skiing/level 6 or higher riding abilities.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Second language - Spanish preferred
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Carpool Incentive program
- Professional development training on your personal skiing / riding as well as certification preparation
- Discounts with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Certification reimbursement program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development available
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work! If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 393967