Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
Responsible for overseeing the operations of the hotel overnight and providing a high level of guest service. Complete daily paperwork and guest charges and review for accuracy and completeness. Reviews inventory and makes shifts as necessary, provides a high level of guest services, including checking guests in and out, delivering room amenities and answering and addressing any guest inquiries and solve issues. Will valet cars and assist with luggage.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the front desk operation and functions during the overnight hours in accordance with established procedures.
- Handles the function of guest services by assisting with late check-ins, early check outs, overnight guest requests or concerns, wake up calls and other issues.
- Manages the preparation of daily business activity summaryreports and distribution of reports using strong attention to detail and ensuring strict accuracy of information.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as making beds, delivering guest and room amenities and maintaining a clean environment including common hotel areas.
- Input data, hours and other pertinent information in to spreadsheets and reports.
- Have a clear and concise understanding of the operating systems used by the hotel and utilize their functions for your day to day duties.
- Post room charges and room taxes to guest accounts and owner accounts.
- Manages the ordering, reporting and distribution of guest newspapers and other guest amenities.
- Ensure the safety of hotel guests and employees during the overnight hours.
- Communicate effectively to other departments via email and daily shift pass along.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Work experience in a guest service facet, hotel audit preferred. Accounting experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, Property Management Systems (LMS preferred), General Computing.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively in both written and verbal mediums.
- Ability to speak multiple languages – preferred; accounting experience.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 214307