Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Bartenders at Mt. Brighton prepare drinks, take orders and serve food and beverages to guests in the ski area’s restaurants, bars or banquet facilities. Bartenders provide superior customer service to our customers (both internal and external), exhibit enthusiasm, positivity, and high energy. Mt. Brighton contributes, promotes and demonstrates Vail Resorts' mission "Experience of a Lifetime" for all of our guests and our team as our daily goal.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Interact with guests and respond in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Maintains the bar area in an attractive, sanitary and functional manner to efficiently prepare drinks and sell beverages.
- Ensure the safe service of alcohol to guests of legal drinking age and not beyond safe limits.
- Handle all cash responsibly; maintain guest checks and records accordingly.
- Stock and set up the bar; maintain stock levels throughout the day.
- Learns the names and personally recognizes regular guests and members.
- Clears and resets tables in bar area.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Stock service stations with supplies, beverages, condiments etc.
- Take orders for food and/or beverage and serve to guests.
- Deliver and serve food and/or beverages to guests.
- Obtain knowledge of and explain menu offerings and preparation to guests.
- Be available to fill in as needed any capacity to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age – Required
- Must be willing to work holidays and weekends – Required
- High School graduation or equivalent – Required
- Prior cash handling experience – Preferred
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment – Required
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of various alcoholic beverages including mixed drinks, wine, and beer
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to engage with customers courteously and efficiently at all times
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English)
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position including: stand for long periods of time; bend, lift and carry heavy objects up to 25 lbs; walking, climbing, reaching, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172286