Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Update: Year Round
Job Classification: Full-Time
Job Location: Broomfield, CO
The Vail Resorts Procurement Team is committed to building leaders and driving value. We are creating a world class procurement organization headquartered near Boulder, Colorado. This supports a growing company of 37 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, with 55,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of around $7 billion. We are transforming our procurement organization to bring best-in-class category management, sourcing, vendor management, and procurement tools to enable data-driven decision making at Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing – Corporate reports to the Vice President of Procurement and is responsible for driving value and leading innovation within the Corporate Functions (IT/HR/Finance/Marketing/Professional Services categories). This role has a unique opportunity to create a vision, strategy and tangible impact within our categories of corporate spend and will gain significant visibility to many senior leaders in our corporate headquarters. In addition to strategy and vision, we are seeking a candidate with strong leadership capabilities to lead a team of two strategic sourcing professionals. Come create your experience of a lifetime!
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive: Focus on results. Lead strategic thinking in critical areas of Corporate spend through a data driven approach utilizing spend analytics to generate insight.
- Accountable for the development and execution of multi-year category strategies.
- Identify and leverage opportunities and directly negotiate programs to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership across category and/or product line
- Build and communicate category intelligence throughout the company
- Perform spend analysis and develop a sourcing roadmap focused on cost savings, process improvement and supplier management
- Understand our business, our suppliers, and our shareholder expectations to drive value and business results through innovation
- Connect: Inspire trust and build strong, positive, productive relationships with key business stakeholders and/or relevant internal teams, including but not limited to procurement, FP&A, accounting, operations, marketing and senior leadership.
- Use expertise and relationships to influence key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with category managers and stakeholders to develop and execute effective strategies
- Develop: Cultivate talent and create an environment of continual improvement both in and outside of direct team.
- Demonstrate self-awareness, adaptability and passion for personal growth and development
- Provide leadership and direction to corporate functions, stakeholders, and the procurement organization
- Ensure you and your team maintain current best practices; collaborate with stakeholders to create and implement best practices as appropriate
- Out Front: Prioritize and adapt in a constantly changing business setting.
- Serve as a thought leader aligning Vail Resorts sourcing objectives and strategies with overall business objectives
- Develop and support key metrics (TCO, process and service related) to ensure needs of business are met
- Implement supplier performance strategies that ensure ongoing cost improvements, on time delivery, quality and service
- Re-Imagine: Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to your stakeholders.
- Leverage your expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business processes
- Join the team that is creating a vision and long term roadmap for Vail Resorts Procurement. Take well-reasoned and prudent risks
- Passion: Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the guest experience, culture, mission and vision.
- Lead by example and inspire others to follow
- Actively engage with senior leadership team to establish and execute on strategic vision
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in high tech, financial services or fortune 500 company industry experience with
- 5+ years and team leadership/management experience
- 5 + years demonstrated capability in strategic planning, negotiation, and contracting in corporate spend categories, including Marketing (media/agencies/technology), IT, HR and Finance.
- Certified Procurement Professional is a plus
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience in Marketing (media/agencies/technology), IT, HR and Finance. performance metrics a must
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in identifying opportunities and developing and executing strategy
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Coupa and/or Tableau, a plus
- Experience in supplier rationalization for goods and services a plus
- Strong analytical skills and complex problem solving with the ability to develop pricing models appropriate for the services being sourced
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Superior judgment and initiative
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to handle many competing priorities effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 216568