Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Snow Creek is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Snow Creek employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available for PSIA/AASI certified instructors.
As an employee for Vail Resorts you will get to work and play in some of the world's most iconic locations. You will work side by side with people from all over the country, and the world, who share your excitement and enthusiasm for life. Our extraordinary employees play an integral role in creating exceptional experiences that make our resorts premier destinations for travelers from around the globe.
The Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable)
- Working with guests of all ages and abilities
- When working with children: Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian
- When working with children: Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities
- High School or equivalent education
- Attend Ski and Snowboard training sessions
- Current PSIA/AASI Level 2 certification or equivalent and able to provide proof of certification card
- Prior experience working as a ski/snowboard instructor
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must successfully complete the background check
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to stand and walk on snow for extended periods of time. Must be able to bend and squat. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children (if applicable)
- Spanish language skills
Having opened for business less than 30 years ago, Snow Creek has already converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. Join our team and continue creating epic experiences for guests at Kansas City’s premier winter destination. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 227487