Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re- imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
True North at The Ritz Carlton
Here at the True North at the Ritz Carlton, we are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen. We pride ourselves in going about and beyond with our guest’s experience. Our guests are the most important resource in our service commitment. We genuinely care and comfort our guests in the highest manor. We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guest who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance. With a true ski-n-ski-out location, it is an amazing opportunity for our employees to the able to hit the slopes on breaks and their days off!
Associates are responsible for generating sales through world-class guest service through assisting customers with rental equipment. From Cash management, Valet Operations, Boot Fitting, Din spinning and merchandizing, your role will never be limited in the store.
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- We are Ladies and Gentleman serving Ladies and Gentleman
- Explain to guests how to operate rental equipment, safety practices, and guest responsibility for the equipment during the rental including length of rental and return options
- Ensure equipment on rental “ready” line is clean, serviced, and tested according to company standards
- Follow all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management, and loss prevention
- Deliver an enthusiastic and professional level of guest service at all times
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Assist and greet guests in storage and retrieval of snow sports equipment
- Assist guests in taking ski and snowboard boots on and off
- Deliver excellent guest service
- Multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
- Operate ski valet software
- Offer guests local insight on mountain conditions, weather, ski trails, lift access points and dining option on property and around mountain
- Step up and step in in rental shop when needed
- Software understanding and knowledge to set guests up with the proper equipment
- Ski binding certification and involvement with ski equipment checks
- Reservation control
- Maintain all paperwork according to company policy
- Fit for boots, skis and boards
- Ensure our employees are preparing guests for a mind-blowing day on the hill
- Learn how to set equipment properly for guests and leave them feeling confident in their gear
- Follow all Vail Resorts Retail policies and procedures, and ensure your staff is doing the same
- Understand and respect the value of black out dates. These are periods during the season that requests off will be limited and/or denied. Please keep these dates in the back of your pocket. Your presence is highly valuable during these high volume times.
- November 21st - November 29th (Thanksgiving)
- December 22nd –January 1st (Christmas and New Year’s)
- January 17th – January 19th (Martin Luther Weekend)
- February 14th – February 17th (Presidents Day Weekend)
- March (Spring Break) – there will be flexibility during this month, but limited
- April 3rd – April 12th (Spring Break)
- Serve Others, Drive Value, Do Right, Do Good, Be Safe and ....
- Most importantly; HAVE FUN!
- Passion for Skiing/Snowboarding
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- English fluency - Required
- Passion and enthusiasm - Required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including all holidays, some nights and all weekends - Required*
- Basic Computer Skills - Required
- Passion for the snow sports industry - Preferred
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Are you looking for a position with great development opportunities and upward mobility in a growing company? Are you passionate about snow sports, and building a career that aligns your passion with your career? Do you consistently challenge the status quo, and seek continually improvement? Do you want to a job that is both fun and challenging? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions; we want you!
Start Your Journey Working with Vail and Ritz Carlton
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton at Northstar.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 206527