Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The role of assistant store manager is to assist in leading sales, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, efficiency, and an outstanding guest experience!
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and maintain a quality core staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager Manage operational budget
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of retail or hospitality experience
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory/management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- A minimum of 1 year of ski/snowboard rental management experience
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system
The budgeted range starts at $15.00 - $20.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 399475