Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Cash Room Vault Lead will be in charge of managing the central vault at Attitash Mountain Resort and will have direct reports. This Lead will also assist the Regional Audit Supervisor with establishing proper vault and cash handling SOPs and enforcing these SOPs. The Vault function is responsible for distributing and collecting cash to various resort departments in order to support their business needs. Candidates should have excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Manage Cash Room Vault employees, where applicable
- Manage the daily bank pick up and drop off at central vault location.
- Perform cash handling training for all outlets at the start of the winter season and perform individualized training in the vault for cashiers, as necessary.
- If applicable, perform audits of seasonal house banks twice per season and assure that location managers are adhering to proper cash handling/storage SOPs.
- Assist outlet managers in performing random cash drawer audits and/or perform them when requested. Assure POS operators are using proper closing and cash handling techniques and document any discrepancies that may arise.
- Assist outlet managers in scanning of audit materials, when required.
- Maintain and store audit materials.
- Process change orders.
- Monitor, communicate with, and schedule armored car services.
- Responsible for managing the security at central vault location.
- Assure the house bank of the central vault is maintained at the appropriate level and adjust cash levels when required.
- Provide monthly reporting on cash activities to Regional Audit Supervisor.
- Review timesheet data and approve payroll hours in a timely manner.
- Excellent service skills to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate effectively with employees/managers from other departments
- College degree - preferred
- Accounting and/or Cash Handling Experience (minimum 2 years) - required
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing entry-level staff – required
- Computer experience including Windows Operating System and Microsoft Excel – required
- MS Office, RPOS, Infogenisis, Peoplesoft Time & Labor, Success Factors, SpaSoft, Jonas
- Criminal background check – preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds or more
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level - preferred
Attitash Mountain Resort offers more than just a ski area--it’s a home away from home. Join our team and experience warmth, friendliness and the ultimate winter lifestyle. A mountain of possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212007