Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
We’re searching for a lead full-stack developer to join the Resort Application Development Team. Our team is responsible for the development and ongoing support of a suite of custom desktop applications, modern web apps, and internal APIs that provide ski resort management and point-of-sale functionality.
- Provide production support for the team’s mountain management, rental, and point of sale applications
- Deliver improvements and extensions to existing application functionality
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and mentoring for the developers on the team
- Ensure all configuration and development changes follow the appropriate software creation process, adhering to all appropriate controls and provide technical support as needed
- Proactively find opportunities to improve development standards within Vail Resort’s technology ecosystem
- Work closely with all partners to seek opportunities to evolve our software applications to support business objectives
- Work directly with managers, developers, business analysts, business stakeholders, contract developers and consulting partners on the development and support of projects and enhancements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years minimum application development experience in C#
- 2 years working in an application production support role
- 2 years leading software developers
- 2 years development experience using Web API or similar technology
- 2 years of development experience working within an Agile environment with Scrum software development framework
- 2 years experience working with a relational database at the enterprise level (SQL Server)
- Ability to write clean, testable code, covered by high value unit tests
- Proven track record of creating clean and simple user interfaces (Winforms, WPF, UWP, Web)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
The budgeted range starts at $90,000-$113,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 286988