Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you love working with your hands? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Grounds Supervisor is is responsible for overseeing the care and maintenance of all grounds and outside appurtenances. This position supervises the activities of the grounds crew, this incudes: mowing, brush removal, cutting fire wood and helping to landscape or maintain existing grounds. You will use a combination of power and hand tools or equipment. Areas include Jackson Lake Lodge, Colter Bay Village, Jenny Lake Lodge and Gros Ventre.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and plan grounds maintenance and construction projects on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Supervision of seasonal grounds crew, including scheduling and monitoring of work.
- Functional areas of responsibility include mowing, trimming, edging, raking, and irrigation of cultivated areas on a daily basis; Trash removal & recycling, including microtrash patrols; Washing and pressure-washing of public areas as directed; Maintenance and care of landscape features such as planters, barrier logs, fences, railings, trash and recycle containers, benches, smoking receptacles, etc; Sweeping of paths and roadways.
- Construction area and storm clean-up; Removal of dead, fallen, and hazardous trees.
- Planting of flower beds and pots. Planting of shrubs and trees, as well as subsequent care and fertilizing.
- Weed and pest control activities and documentation per regulations.
- Firewood distribution to all properties.
- Repairs and maintains sprinkler systems to ensure proper operation and maximize water efficiency
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Must have a valid US driver’s license/ Successful completion of MVR
- Must be able to organize and supervise a crew of 8-10 employees
- Capable of handling moderately strenuous activity
- Must have some knowledge of landscaping & horticulture
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Small engine repair
- Weed & pest control certifications
- Chain saw operation experience
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 205287