Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Full Time and Part Time positions available for PSIA/AASI Certified Instructors for Winter 2019-20
Most ski/snowboard instructors at Mt. Sunapee work on a part-time basis. They are responsible for teaching group and private lessons. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Move have a caring and sensitive attitude toward our guests
- Ability to ski or snowboard and stand for long periods of time, as well as ability to handle changing climates
- Should be flexible in response to changing class assignments
- Must maintain strong personal appearance standards
- Ability to lift beginner adult and child skiers to their feet
- Must possess competency in whatever snow sport they wish to teach (skiing or snowboarding)
- Able to attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
- Attend clinics as required
- Most be knowledgeable of the ski area for the public
- Perform whatever other functions may be requested by supervisors
Children’s Program Instructors: In addition to the above:
- Must complete progress reports on all students and consult with parents at the end of the lesson period as well as help with check-in and check-out of students
- Help to serve and supervise lunch as well as indoor activities and games
- Assist with bathroom detail as well as dressing children for classes with proper clothing and equipment
Time Commitment: Our staffing needs vary greatly due to snow conditions and weather. During our busy periods – Christmas Vacation, February Vacations and weekends – we need a large staff. We hope that you will sign-up to work on as many days as you are available.
Training: Successful completion of this training is a prerequisite for hiring
If you have never taught before, you will be required to attend 3 days of training prior to the start of the season, as well as one day of shadowing an experienced instructor.
Compensation: Instructors are paid for the hours that they actually teach or perform specific tasks requested by a supervisor. Pay rates are determined by your experience in teaching skiing and/or snowboarding. All employees at Mount Sunapee receive a Vail Resorts for their personal use.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177449