Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Adventure Center Guide assists with the organizing and leading of activities for children 4 – 12 years of age under the supervision of the Kids Ski and Snowboard School Manager, while providing a caring and safe environment for all guests. They lead outdoor educational adventure hikes and facilitate group games and activities. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to get and keep guests.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a clean and comfortable environment for children of all ages.
- Understand the special needs of children in an outdoor environment
- Assist children at lunch and snack time and all other supervision times.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of the program including but not limited to registration, maintaining outdoor teaching areas, cleanliness of facilities, co-worker and parent communication as needed to provide the best guest experience
- Responsible for the overall safety of the children and guests.
- To further promote and act as role model in the area of responsibility code, safety and risk awareness as prescribed by resort’s safety policies.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Resort Handbook and the Best Practices of the Department.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred experience working with children in outdoor settings.
- Some ECE credit and/or science-related degree preferred
- Experience in outdoor education, summer camps, sports, ski instruction, guest service prefered
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 202608