Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
To assist in managing the sales, rentals, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience.
- Fulfill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily operational budgets, including payroll
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and maintaining a quality core staff
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated and possess the ability to multi task
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of retail experience required, snowsports retail experience required
- 1 year of supervisory experience required
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- English fluency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retails POS systems
The budgeted range starts at $13.00-$18.50. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Epic Mountain Gear, located in the Basecamp Shopping Center in Frisco, is the ultimate luxurious go to “ski” shop for anyone on their way to an epic mountain adventure. We carry all the best high-end brands (KJUS, Stockli, Mountain Force, Burton, Oakley) as well as rugged mountain bikes. We are busy year-round and set the standard for extraordinary customer service. You can also take advantage of being part of the Vail Resorts family with employee perks, such as a free ski pass to our world-class resorts, discounted lodging, and more. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 287448