Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts currently requires all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Housing: Not Available
- Outlet: Aspen Sports / Snowmass Demo Center
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- The budgeted range starts at $17.00 - $22.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The Assistant Store Manager with Aspen Sports Base Village at Snowmass assists in managing the sales, rentals, staff, operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world-class guest experience.
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and controlling daily operational budgets, including payroll
- Assist Store Manager in recruiting and maintaining a quality core staff
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated and possess the ability to multi task j
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- 1 year of snow sports rental and retail experience preferred
- 1 year of management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends required
The budgeted range starts at $17.00 - $22.36. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Vail Resorts has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement as a condition of employment, effective Nov. 15, 2021. We will provide accommodations or exemptions where legally required based on the relevant state and federal laws and regulations in each of our locations.
Requisition ID 445267