Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Mad River is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we’ve started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Mad River employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
The Lead Bartender will be responsible for providing friendly and courteous service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests while following state laws and corporate guidelines for smooth, efficient and sanitary bar operations.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Stocking beer, wine, liquor and glassware before and after shifts and during service if necessary.
- Cleaning glassware, bar surfaces, and all other bar equipment.
- Communicates all necessary and important information with the Restaurant Manager and the entire Food and Beverage team.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast but thorough pace.
- Complete all side work that has been assigned.
- Attends the daily pre-shift meeting to learn any important daily information.
- Have comprehensive wine and liquor knowledge and adheres to all state liquor laws.
- Ensures that all state health regulations are being adhered to.
- Cash and credit card handling.
- Help oversee bar operations with the management team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to communicate English
- Ability to communicate in Spanish - preferred
- Prior bartending experience
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- TIPS certification required - will provide with TIPS training within 30 days of hire if necessary
Mad River Mountain is one of Midwest’s most legendary ski destinations and has long attracted those who know winter is best spent outdoors. Join our team and help provide world-class experiences to our guests, because we know every day can be a snow day. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 234627