With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Join us now and receive an end-of-season bonus of $2/hour for every hour worked!
MICHAEL MINA'S BOURBON PUB
From the culinary mind of Chef Michael Mina, comes Bourbon Pub. A concept proven in the San Francisco Bay Area and transplanted to the Sierra. Northstar's rendition of Bourbon Pub will offer a casual atmosphere with reinvented pub fare such as Truffle Tater Tots, Al Pastor Pork Ribs, and Fennel Stuffed Salmon. Experience Bourbon Pub in the winter of 2020.
The bartender provides friendly and courteous service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and food to guests and servers, while following state laws and corporate guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures smooth, efficient and sanitary bar operations, as well as cash handling and providing change for the servers.
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of various alcoholic beverages including mixed drinks, wine, and beer.
- Must be knowledgeable in the preparation of all food and alcohol menu items.
- Must maintain stock levels throughout the day.
- Learns the names and personally recognizes regulars and members.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Be available to fill in as needed as a server to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required.
- At least 2 years previous bartending experience preferably in a fine dining restaurant - required.
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment (will provide training) - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 4th, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
MINA GROUP: https://www.michaelmina.net/
Northstar Village Dining: https://www.northstarcalifornia.com/explore-the-resort/the-village/dining.aspx
Perks & Benefits: https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com/vail/content/Vail-Perks-and-Benefits/?locale=en_US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 394208