Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Bartender Mixes and serves various ordered drinks. Collects payment for drinks if served directly to guests. Maintains bar and supplies in clean and orderly condition. May assist in taking periodic inventories.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Use jiggers when pouring all alcohol
- Take beverage orders and make the correct item and collect correct payment.
- Quickly and efficiently make drink orders of 5 or more drinks at a time.
- Provides clean work station including taking out trash, bussing of tables, dish washing, and stocking.
Complete weekly cleaning tasks:
- Stock bar with supplies and maintain freshness of products.
- Drive and increase sales through up selling techniques and delivering great guest service.
- Responsible for not serving alcohol who is under 21 years of age. Must use the proper techniques to card and identify the age of patrons that appear to be under 30 years of age.
- Follow TIPS training and responsible for not service patrons that appear to be intoxicated.
- Keep bar stocked.
- Make supervisors aware of any item of which stocks are low.
- Responsible for collecting cash and providing accurate change for the guests at all times. Balance receipts with cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- TIPs Certified, CA Food Handlers Card
- Proficient with a POS
- In-person interview - required
Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
Discounted bike haul & golf
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
401(k) Retirement Plan
Excellent training and professional development
At Okemo, we’ve got 2,200 vertical feet of positive outlook and it shows. Culture is what we teach. And service with a smile is the linchpin of our philosophy. Every interaction with our guests-on and off the mountain, at the golf courses, Adventure Zone and at the Evolution Bike Park, is an opportunity to turn a skier, rider, golfer, or recreational enthusiast into a lifelong member of our family. Our employees reflect this attitude by having fun doing what they do best: creating a memorable recreational experience! www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 202668