Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Stowe Rocks Climbing Center is actively seeking Climbing Center Guides. Climbing Center Guides provide orientation and coaching to Stowe Rocks Climbing Center clients with technical knowledge of climbing and any other recreational opportunity Stowe Rocks Climbing Center offers. Climbing Center Guides inspect climbing equipment and terrain, supervise the climbing center, and is a climbing resource for clients. Climbing Center Guides must be able to communicate professionally, must be comfortable providing hands-on assistance, and must be able to survey the climbing area on a routine basis. Climbing Guides are certified internally to set up and operate technical adaptive climbing systems and perform technical rescues. In addition to operating the climbing center, Climbing Guides operate the other Stowe Rocks Climbing Center programs that include but are not limited to the adaptive climbing ACE program.
- Must be guest-service oriented.
- Must have minimum first aid qualifications including current CPR and accredited Basic First Aid certifications.
- Ability to work at height.
- Ability to learn and to demonstrate technical rope work, and to use and demonstrate the use of climbing equipment such as carabiners, belay devices, pulleys, lanyards, etc.
- Visual acuity necessary to inspect and monitor equipment and operations.
- Good communication skills, both with coworkers and guests.
- Successfully completed Stowe Rocks Climbing Center Technical Rescue Training.
- Successfully completed Stowe Rocks Climbing Center ACE Program Training.
We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in providing our guests with a superior recreational experience and an attitude of constant improvement and excellence. We offer great recreational benefits and resort discounts!
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 380872