Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
You are the Guest Experience Maestro as you skillfully direct and group guests as they move through lift lines and navigate resort areas. You are responsible for the safe, friendly, and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they access premier mountain terrain and enjoy our world class resorts. The Guest Services department is looking for hardworking team players with a passion for the outdoors, who are enthusiastic, have high energy, and are interested in the perks that working at a ski resort bring. Join us in creating an Experience of a Lifetime!
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited to:
- Meet and greet guest while displaying positive guest service. Commit to guest satisfaction and assume responsibility for guest care and solving problems.
- Act as Lift Maze Coordinator responsible for:
- Efficient and effective grouping of guests to facilitate maximum lift optimization.
- Group guests in the lift line together effectively and escort them forward, filling chairs.
- Ensure even flow of the maze.
- Anticipate/identify risks, working in a fast paced/dynamic environment, improving the guest experience across the resort.
- Support Supervisors and other staff in daily guest service duties as well as assist in the event of emergencies where special procedures need to be implemented, such as lift shutdown or trail closures.
- Monitor resort and lift areas for safety and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions. Assist in implementing emergency procedures when necessary, including contacting Ski Patrol.
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift and ensure that these are followed by other staff and guests.
- Answer guest questions by becoming familiar with the resort layout, products, and services, or by asking someone who can answer the guest’s questions.
- Operate company communication device (radio and phone, etc.) in a professional manner.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and procedures i.e., punctuality, attendance, dress, and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure recycled materials are disposed of properly. Maintain cleanliness of the resort area; remove trash when necessary.
- Help to preserve our natural environment.
- Display positive work ethic and be a team player.
- Be attentive to workplace safety.
- If applicable for the resort and lift, check to ensure every skier or snowboarder has a valid day ticket or season pass each time before boarding the lift
- Must be able to perform alternative functions/other duties as assigned.
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain - remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
- Friendly, courteous, professional approach to guest service.
- Must be outgoing, and able to create a controlled and organized environment to ensure efficient and safe loading of guests on a lift.
- Assertive yet positive demeanor. Maintain rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
- Ability to learn and gain knowledge of products, policies, procedures, and other resources which will enable all employees to perform their job efficiently as well as provide guests with adequate answers to their questions regarding the resort and town.
- Must have stamina to stand outside in winter alpine environment for long periods of time.
- Must be able to make quick decisions regarding safety.
- Must be able to multi-task and anticipate issues.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to handle high guest volumes in a professional manner.
- Must be willing to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of assigned area, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
- Able to walk uphill at a moderate pace in a winter alpine environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Skiing or snowboarding experience preferred, though not required.
- 6 months experience in a guest service-oriented position preferred, though not required.
- Assist beginner skiers and children in traversing through lift lines.
The budgeted range starts at 15.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 357707