Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Beaver Creek, CO
The Front Office Manager will oversee daily operations of Front Desk, Bell, and Concierge staff to maximize revenues and profitability, while ensuring outstanding guest service and satisfaction and adherence to Beaver Creek service standards. Your goal is to make each and every guest feel Welcome, Important, Comfortable and Relaxed during their time at St. James Place.
- Develop, maintain and continually improve systems that create clear communication and teamwork throughout areas of responsibility, as well as interdepartmental and intercompany points of contact
- Ensure proper staffing levels in areas of responsibility through highly professional and polished recruiting, screening, hiring and coaching
- Responsible for daily monitoring of rooms inventory, rate and plan availability and preparing reports of room availability and revenue generated in a manner that maximizes revenue and guest experience
- Ensure that training and development programs are regularly updated and administered to all staff
- Maintain and continuously improve arrival, departure and all other front office guest service standards.
- Monitor and control labor and expenses in areas of responsibility while ensuring adequate staffing and supply levels for existing business needs
- Stand in for General Manager when called to do so
- Lead daily stand up meetings and other departmental meeting
- Assist with development of revenue, labor, expense and capital budgets and assist with capital projects and other special assignments as required
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting periodic inspections, investigating complaints and initiating corrective action
- Work closely with Group Sales to coordinate group activities and with reservations to ensure accuracy. Communicate all specials, promotions and packages to staff as necessary. Ensure efficient and well-organized site tours.
- Reconcile daily transactions for hotel and outlet charges and ensure compliance with all cash handling and other accounting procedures. Maintain tracking and communication of Guest Comment Card program for both FIT and Group results.
- Maintain a social media presence for the St. James Place
- Assist all departments in HR responsibilities
- Assist Property Manager in coordination of owner requests for Condos and Interval units, post all owner charges and review monthly financials as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years hotel front office experience
- 2 years supervisory experience
- MS Office, Outlook, PeopleSoft, LMS
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability and willingness to provide candid feedback to employees and GM
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Social media marketing experience
- Fluent in English bi-lingual Spanish
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 211427