Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
To provide an epic level of service for guests and owners
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the resort’s etiquette guidelines as mandated in the employee handbook.
- Check in guests at front desk, confirming and entering appropriate information by asking for an ID card and credit card.
- Check guests out, ensure billing is correct.
- Solicit guest survey at every opportunity.
- Run various computer reports at the beginning and end of the shift
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at end of shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, handle routine issues (referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or Manager).
- Relay guest maintenance requests by calling the engineering department and follow up with guest no later then 20 minutes.
- Relay guest housekeeping requests by calling the Housekeeping department and follow up with the guest no later then 20 minutes.
- Answer Front desk phone within three rings.
- Undergo computer training and gain knowledge of how reservations work.
- Understand and be able to make a walk-in reservation.
- Remain knowledgeable about Owners.
- Maintain knowledge of events and activities in and around the Beaver Creek area.
- Understand the intranet and Public TC-Fileserver to use for additional information.
- Handle emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Assist in general maintenance and inventory of Front Office equipment, supplies, and cleanliness of the Front Desk, and reception area.
- Bell person and Concierge duties.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Property Manager and General Manager.
- High school education or equivalent– required.
- Basic computer skills with data entry experience – required.
- Basic reading, spelling, and math skills – required.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with many different types of people – required.
- Ability to work with guests using good social manners, diplomacy and tact. – required.
- Ability to learn a variety of information about the Company’s lodging and recreational facilities, packages and services, as well as general information about the area – required.
- One year of customer service experience – preferred
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 214892