Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned opening and closing sidework duties.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- May act as food runner by carrying out and accurately delivering food to guests in the dining room and maintaining the service window.
- Responsible for serving correct food to guests, using silent service, and assisting servers with dining room floor service.
- May act as Expeditor and coordinate plates and ensure plating accuracy.
- Expeditors must be knowledgeable of menu items and their preparations, proper table set up, and restaurant organization – expeditors have previously worked in restaurants and are fluid with food knowledge and kitchen etiquette.
- Have explicit knowledge of all menu items and their preparation.
- Bring bread, butter and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear plates, glassware, and flatware from tables after guests have finished dining.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops and chairs. Check floor and clean as required.
- Quickly, efficiently and accurately reset and arrange tabletop.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and accommodate their needs. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room with the whole order to the correct table.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and the restaurant organization.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- High school diploma or equivalent - preferred.
- Prior guest service experience - required.
- Previous restaurant experience, specifically 1 year minimum sit-down dining server - preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents’ Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested -required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 249868