Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Summary of Job
Vail Resorts employs a highly scalable, seasonal workforce that provides guests and employees with an experience of a lifetime. We are hiring for a new position, our Sr Analyst – Enterprise Workforce Management.
Vail Resorts is the industry leading mountain resort operator with a network of 37 owned and operated ski resorts across the U.S., Canada and Australia. The company is a $2.4B revenue and $9 billion market cap business that encompasses multiple lines of business including mountain operations, lodging and retail.
Workforce management is one of the Vail Resorts strategic priorities and this new leadership role creates an exciting opportunity for a smart, ambitious, data-driven leader to achieve an immediate, significant, and sustained impact as our business continues to grow both organically and also via acquisitions. Now, more than ever, workforce management will be a key unlock and focus in the uncertain environment that lies ahead.
You will report directly to the Director of HR Strategy & Planning. You will leverage your analytical mindset and workforce management experience to create actionable data driven insights regarding employee-related scheduling and time & attendance data to optimize labor margins and the employee value proposition. You will be expected to identify, investigate, communicate findings and proposed effective solutions, and drive implementation of changes with a variety of operational leaders providing the right balance between structure/consistency and autonomy/flexibility. This is a highly collaborative, influential and creative role that will have a direct impact on our business and its ability to drive an experience of a lifetime for our employees and our guests.
Provide on-going support, understand data and correlation to WFM processes, measure success, and optimize workforce management best practices in Legion proof of concept to drive enterprise rollout plan.
- Analyze operations data to identify and clearly communicate data-driven opportunities and successes to leadership in a positive, constructive, and solution orientated manner.
- Understand all process requirements and ensure the automated labor scheduling application is configured to meet the resort and enterprise needs.
- Generate reports and analyze data to measure and provide honest and independent assessment of WFM program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other WFM team members, managers, and leaders to leverage data-driven insights for labor efficiency and effectiveness goals.
- Create presentations to share insights and actionable recommendations in a concise manner with key stakeholders.
- Be a point of contact to provide analytics for key questions that arise from WFM.
- Assist in the development of initiatives aimed at improving and implementing best practices in labor productivity.
- Collaborate with Operations on identifying opportunities to further optimize our workforce.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to continuously optimize labor utilization and the manager/employee experience.
- Provide Tier 3 support for the day to day process for budgeting, forecasting & scheduling partnering with HR Technology, Finance, Project Management, Operations team members as needed to drive necessary changes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day configuration of Legion application in support of business needs.
- Measure and work with key business leaders on reporting and key metrics of success for the WFM program.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of HR Strategy & Planning to deploy Legion to enterprise.
- Minimum 2 years in workforce management, data analytics, preferable in retail, food & beverage, or hospitality with demonstrated success.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; knowledge of rigorous data gathering methods, statistical processing, hypothesis testing, data projection and extrapolation.
- Highly proficient/advanced skills with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word); inclusive of pivot tables, charts/graphs for reporting.
- Demonstrated success working with very large data sets, developing tools for streamlined analysis and creating reports that succinctly summarize complex concepts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and interpret data and identify patterns in processes or data.
- Demonstrated strength in verbal and written communication, adjusting message to audience.
- Knowledge of Tableau, SQL, and Visio preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion.
- Discern when it’s appropriate to take independent action, consult with leadership, and/or behave as a supportive team player.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222709