Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Bring the Patagonia story to life; create a retail environment that is innovative, unique, inspired, guest friendly, and reflective of the local community.
- Develop a strong understanding of business trends and opportunities to utilize labor budgets effectively.
- Create “seamless guest service” by making every effort to go above and beyond for our guests.
- Assist in executing physical inventories by working closely with the Store Manager on an affective schedule and overseeing the expectations of the company.
- Follow the instructions of our company specific to inventory control: paperwork flow, timeliness of reporting receipt of goods, inventory transfers and other related inventory matters.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to guest service and loss prevention.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for guest service, inventory restock, and store merchandising.
- Must be able to safely and regularly lift and carry 55 pounds & be comfortable climbing ladders.
- Typical work week is approximately 20/40 hours - available to work minimum of one weekend day, one opening shift and one closing shift throughout the week.
- Assist with In-Store Seasonal Flips requiring the ability to work outside normal business hours to complete the task at hand.
- Create stores that are centers for the community and can aggressively educate our guests on environmental, social, and political issues.
- Encourage all staff to participate in planning events in the store.
- Educate self and staff on global and local issues. Get actively involved.
- Ensure we “walk our talk”. Operate stores that are environmentally responsible by recycling, conserving water, electricity and carpooling or cycling.
- Store is open 7 days per week. Number of scheduled hours per week varies.
- The number of dedicated merchandising hours (8 hours, 16 hours or 32 hours per week) is determined by the store’s sales volume. The balance of weekly hours is dedicated to sales associate responsibilities.
- Total number of scheduled work hours per week is determined by position status and needs of the business.
- Merchandising days will be scheduled with the collaboration of the Regional Visual Merchandiser, Store Manager, and may vary per store.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Minimum 1 years previous retail sales experience required
- Ability to delegate and communicate tasks.
- Extreme attention to detail, conscientious worker.
- Working knowledge of computers with experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent guest service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Comfortable with team-based work structure yet also having the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated flexibility on the job; ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, guests, and vendors.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 199507